100 Things About Meow

22.3.06


1. I am a first generation Aussie … my parents were both born in Hamburg, Germany.

2. I spent 3 months living in Germany when I was 9 years old.

3. I have lived at only 3 addresses in my life (apart from when we were in Germany).

4. I am an only child.

5. I am the mother of an only child.

6. I met my husband on New Years Eve 1982.

7. We went out a couple of weeks later, and have been together ever since.

8. I have only owned 3 cars in my life … a Datsun 1600, a Lada Niva 4WD and a Mitsubishi Magna (which I am currently driving).

9. When I was at school, I used to want to be a teacher. Then I was introduced to exams in Year 11 and 12 … out the door went that idea !!

10. I love cats.

11. My favorite colour was always blue, yet I have red accessories throughout my house.

12. I am obsessed with stationery … I love pens, pencils, paper, notebooks, etc.

13. I am a bit of a loner … I enjoy my own company, yet I love being around people also.

14. I have a love – hate relationship with cooking … I love to cook when I want to, not when I have to !!

15. I prefer the inland … lakes and mountains … than the beach (however, it is fun to go to the beach occasionally !)

16. I very rarely go to bed before midnight, and wake up most days at around 6 – 6.30am.

17. My favorite outfit would be jeans and a t-shirt, with thongs on my feet.

18. I don’t really like wearing shoes.

19. I could sit at my computer all day long, if I had the chance (don’t tell anyone, but I often do !!).

20. I have written some poetry in my past, even had one poem published.

21. I love taking photos with my digital camera.

22. I would prefer to work from home, rather than go out to work in an office or something.

23. I still listen to the Bay City Rollers occasionally … I used to have tartan edged jeans, and a tartan scarf. I also had a few Bay City Roller t-shirts.

24. I like to listen to classical music occasionally.

25. I love country music.

26. I cried when I heard that Elvis Presley died.

27. I still love to watch old Elvis movies … no matter how lame they are. I have copies of about 20 of his old movies … they are so cool !!

28. I won’t leave the house with out a bit of eye-liner, blush and lipstick on my face. I very rarely wear foundation … don’t like the feel of it … ick !

29. I use heaps of product in my hair daily … conditioner, mousse, curl revitalizing lotion, hairspray, and sometimes curl-scrunching-gel stuff.

30. I only wash my hair every 4 or 5 days, but wet and condition it daily (that sounds really yuk … I promise you, it looks clean, it is just very dry when I wash it too often).

31. I love to watch Little House On The Prairie, and I am collecting the series on DVD. I also like Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman.

32. I don’t have a green thumb … I am very good at killing plants, indoors and outdoors. I used to have heaps of indoor plants … these days I have only 2 (and a couple of cactii )

33. I do, however, grow very good weeds.

34. I don’t always move my furniture when I vacuum … I just go around it.

35. I don’t always wet wipe my shelves and ornaments … I often just flick a duster around.

36. I have two fish tanks in my house … one is a tropical tank, and has 6 fish in it, the other is a cold water tank, and has 2 goldfish in it.

37. I used to love to read Mills & Boon books.

38. I love to read books by Jeffery Deaver, James Patterson, Janet Evanovich, Faye Kellerman, Jonathon Kellerman, Sue Grafton, Kathy Reichs, and many others.

39. I am keen to learn all about Web Design, am currently doing a short course on it, and collection books about HTML. Don’t be surprised if I have my own website one day, as opposed to my blogsite.

40. I treat my cat like a second child, and my daughter calls the cat her Sister !!

41. I looooooove chocolate, and would prefer to eat it to anything else. Cadbury Dairy Milk, or Cadbury Caramello are my favorites. Mmmmmm !!

42. I love potato chips / crisps. Especially the thin ones, rather than the crinkle cut ones.

43. I love my husband unconditionally. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don’t know what I would do without him.

44. I know I am overweight, but at this stage of my life, I don’t really care. I am happy, I am healthy, I am not restricted by my weight … I can still do pretty much everything I could when I was slim. I can’t honestly say I like the look of myself in the mirror, but there is more to life than looks. I am a nice person inside !!

45. I am obsessed with my computer. It is my favorite piece of electronic equipment (can I call it that !?!?)

46. I have a large CD collection (I think I need an iPod !!), and am constantly looking for music I don’t have.

47. I have quite a decent size DVD collection, but I don’t always watch the movies I have. It is just nice to have them, in case I get the urge to watch them !!

48. I am a lazy person … If I have a choice between exercise and sitting and reading a book, the book would always win !! I hate to exercise !!

49. It takes a lot of thought to put together this list … I am finding it harder than I thought !!

50. I don’t really like shopping. If I need to shop, I take a list, go only where I need to, then get out of there !! Christmas shopping is the worst …

51. I used to regularly go to the Blood Bank to give blood, but haven’t done it for quite a few years. I had a bad experience one of the last times I went, where I nearly passed out, turned green and nearly vomited. Think I probably should have had more to eat or drink beforehand !! Maybe this has put me off going again, I don’t know !!

52. I smoked cigarettes briefly, when I was a teenager. Very briefly … my mother found out, and … boy, was I in trouble. Did the trick, though … I haven’t touched them since !

53. People (mum, dad, hubby) tell me I often talk too fast, and they can’t understand what I’m saying. I don’t notice it … I can understand me fine !!

54. I think I use too many exclamation marks (!!!) when I type !!

55. I love to type, am pretty fast at it, and can sit and type for hours.

56. I am a hoarder … I can’t throw away stuff. I have stuff stashed everywhere. We only live in a small house, but it is chockers full … every cupboard, every corner, every shelf !!

57. I love my dishwasher … it saves me from washing dishes. However, one of my least favourite jobs is unpacking the dishwasher once it has completed it’s wash cycle !!

58. I like McDonald’s Cheeseburgers … but only if they are meat and cheese only !! Sounds boring, but yummy !!!

59. I would never go Bungee Jumping … no way, no how !! If people were meant to Bungee Jump, we would be born with elastic legs !!

60. I also would never go up in a Hot Air Balloon … those things drop like rocks if the balloon goes down. Na, uh, no way !!

61. I don’t drink tea or coffee. Yuk, on both counts !! I love the smell of coffee, can’t stand the taste.

62. When I am sitting watching TV, reading, or whatever, I twirl my hair. I have done this since I was a child, can’t help myself, really enjoy doing it !

63. I love going camping. Prefer to go camping, than to stay in a luxurious resort. Go figure !!

64. When I am in the water, I have natural buoyancy … my feet and body just float to the surface. Don’t know why, maybe it’s the extra blubber I carry !!

65. My favourite soft drink is Diet Pepsi (or Pepsi Light, as it is now known here). I drink it by the gallon (not literally !!).

66. I probably don’t drink enough water … I know how much I should be drinking, but I rarely do.

67. Not long after I had my daughter, I was found to be suffering from Post Natal Depression. That was a scary few months, but I snapped out of it after going to see a doctor, who diagnosed me with it, and offered me Prozac. I didn’t want to take anti-depressants. That must have awoken something in me, and I quite quickly overcame the depression. It was awful to be out of control of my emotions like that. Fortunately, I only had a mild dose of it. I really feel for women (and men, too) who suffer from severe depression, it must be terrible.

68. I am currently obsessed with Blogging. I find it is the first thing I do when I turn on the computer, and frequently during the day, and last thing at night before I turn off the computer. I like to make sure I post at least once every second day, often daily, sometimes twice a day. I like to go through my blog roll at least once a day, sometimes twice. I also have a list of blogs which I look at infrequently … I like to check these at least every second day. I feel bad if I don’t leave a comment on every blog I read.

69. I enjoy watching “Antiques Roadshow”, which is televised on both Melbourne’s Channel 9, and Foxtels Lifestyle Channel. It is a very interesting program, with some very interesting items shown.

70. I don’t like driving at night, particularly when it is raining. I am OK on city/suburban roads, with lots of street lights, but hate it when driving in the country and there are no lights anywhere. I don’t feel confident at all in that situation.

71. I love going to amusement parks. I love the rides … the scarier, upside-downier, faster, spinnier … the better. Can’t get enough of them.

72. I enjoy going 4WDing, but am always scared that something will break on the car.

73. I used to love to water ski, but find that my centre of gravity has changed somewhat ! It is now harder to get my backside out of the water than it used to be. Oh well !!

74. My husband and I used to go snow skiing most Winter’s. I once got stuck in powder snow, and plowed straight into a tree … must’ve looked like something in a cartoon !! Fortunately, I didn’t get hurt !

75. I sometimes need to hold my nose when I go under water … only when I go upside down, or drop in the water feet first. For some reason, I have never mastered blowing the water out of my nose when underwater.

76. I love to swim, but hate putting my head under water … I don’t like getting my hair wet (unless, of course, I am in the shower!!).

77. When we go away, I always pack too many clothes … I always feel that I need to be prepared for any weather !!

78. I never thought I’d be a good mum, but I don’t seem to be doing too bad a job !!

79. I don’t keep in touch with many of my old school friends, which is a shame. We all seem to have gone our separate ways. My old high school is having a reunion soon, so I hope to go and catch up with some old buddies !!

80. My best friend from high school, who I do keep in touch with, lives in Queensland, so we don’t actually see one another very much. When we do see each other, however, it is like old times … like we’ve never been apart. She is a brilliant diving coach on the Sunshine Coast.

81. I tend to only wear silver jewellery, rather than gold. My wedding and engagement rings are gold, but most of my other jewellery is silver. I don’t mind wearing both … I think it looks good !!

82. I have tried numerous crafts over the years, and have a cupboard full of unfinished projects. I will get back to them all one day.

83. I love almonds, and Marzipan, and could eat myself silly on them. However, neither of them does nice things to my digestive system. I need to stick to small doses !!

84. Likewise with Apricots … they are so yummy, but don’t agree with me.

85. I love Spinach. Popeye was one of my favourite cartoons.

86. I used to love Leif Garrett, when he was a pop singer. These days, he is a down and out loser. His old music is still fun, though.

87. When I was a teenager, I used to buy “Tiger Beat” and “16” magazines all the time. I used to hang all the posters of my favourite stars all over my bedroom walls.

88. I very rarely wear skirts … don’t know why !!

89. I tend to wear short sleeved tops all year around, even in Winter. I do put on a jacket when I go outside. I very rarely wear jumpers … hate them !!

90. I hate getting my hair cut, but love the look of it when I do !! I usually only get it cut every 5 or 6 months.

91. I rarely buy brand-label clothing for myself. Don’t see the point, when I can get the same type of thing for less, without that brand name attached.

92. I have 3 Beanie Kids sitting in my car … one is Otto the German bear, one is Meow the cat, and one is Purr the cat. I think Beanie Kids are cute.

93. I am a TV addict. I check my TV guide every morning and set the VCR for whatever programs I want to watch that day (in case I’m busy, or forget to watch them). I catch up on any unwatched programs either late at night (when I am not blogging!!), or during the day when there is no-one else home, and I have nothing much else to do!! I am currently having withdrawal symptoms, as my VCR has died, and I cannot record anything !!

94. I love ten-pin bowling. My dad, hubby and I were in a league, bowling every Thursday night for about 6 or 7 years. It was great fun. I still have my ball and shoes. I might just have to join a day-time league … should be fun !!

95. I took tennis lessons a few years ago, and even went out and bought myself a nice tennis racquet. Don’t think I will ever be a good player, though … it’s just not me !!! Maybe that goes back to me being lazy (No. 48).

96. I don’t drink alcohol very often … I am a social drinker. My favorite drink would be Southern Comfort and Coke, or Vodka and Raspberry !! I have a sweet tooth !

97. One of my all time favourite movies is Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds. It is such an amazing movie, how they trained all those birds. Every time I see a bunch of crows, or other black birds, I freak out !! Creepy !!

98. When I was younger I took ballroom dancing lessons. It was great fun. I met some lovely people. It’s a shame I never continued with it.

99. When I am alone in the house, I always lock myself in. It is something I have always done, and probably always will do.

100. I’m sure there are heaps more things I can write about … maybe I will have to do another 100 things about me !!

34 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Greeneyes said...

MEOW , sorry typo !cant type like you unfortunately!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Greeneyes said...

Hey Mewo
I am first Yipehh! what an honour!!!! Loved the post ,cant wait for the next 100!
I did a check and I knew we were kinda alike so I noted which numbers , they are some minor difference like vodka is kalaua for me but check it out how many are similiar , you can delete this after if u want :)just thought you d get a kick out of it :

#'s 10 , 14, 16,17,18,
19,20,21,
22,24,25,26,27
,34,36,45,46,
47,53,54,57,66,
68,69,77,86,87,88
,91,96,99

wow ,32 in total
I thought that was a big likeness,especially from such different backgrounds , well I knew I liked you ,ha ha but didnt realize I was so LIKe you haha
Have a great day
Greeneyes

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Greeneyes ... wow, what a lot of similarities !! That's pretty amazing, really ... I guess that's why we kinda "clicked" when we met!! Don't worry about the typo, I often go to type Mewo, rather than Meow ... don't know why !!
Hope your day is wonderful. Take care, Meow

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Hi Meow - just thought I'd check out your blogs. How on earth do you keep up with four of them? I jotted down the numbers that apply to me too - 11, 12, 13, 14, 21, 24 Often, 50 Loathe shopping for clothes or even looking at them but I like buying material and plants, 59, 60, 66, 68, 77.

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Alice ... it's nice to know how much I do or don't have in common with others. Thanks for taking the time to note the relevant numbers. Hope your day is going well. Take care, Meow

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Dr Vegas said...

Point 46 - you should buy an Ipod, then download "Raging Fred" and watch it on there. You won't be able to stop laughing. Best money I ever spent.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Vegas ... thanks for visiting. I really must get an ipod. I will look up Raging Fred !!
Take care, Meow

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

HI,

Just read your 100 things! lol- found A lot match me,too!

I especially like your book choices- but I would add Stephen King and Dean Koontz!

Junie

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

JunieRose 2005 ... pleased to meet you. I like Stephen King, too, but haven't read a lot of Dean Koontz. Take care, Meow

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Ebun said...

This is really something. I am reading this at 3:58am in the early hours of the the morning, like you I am very obessesed with blogging. I just got to 40 and I want to be wide awake when I'm reading the rest so don't worry I'd be back to finish when I wake up in like 4 hours.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Ebun ... I'm glad you're enjoying my blogs. I hope you get enough sleep. See you soon.
Take care, Meow

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Tab ... thank you. At least I am not the only closet Bay City Rollers listener !!!
Take care, Meow

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Val said...

I was just thinking I'd comment on how many similarities we have, but how much work it would be to type, but some people have thought of typing just the numbers. Good idea! Here are mine:

10, 12,13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 34, 35, 42, 45, 50, 57, 59, 60, 63, 66, 81, 83, 85, 88, 91

Is this a record?

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Val ... I went through the list with your similarities ... freaky !!! I guess everyone has some similarities, although we are all so different !!
Thanks for taking the time to list yours.
Take care, Meow

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Wow I need to do 100 things about me.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Alex ... let me know when you've done yours.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Instantiable said...

"I am obsessed with my computer (currently an NEC Notebook), and am always on the lookout for more things that I can do with it! I have recently discovered digital photography, so that has become a passion. " -- Have you looked into a drawing tablet? I wish I had more time on my hands, so much to learn.


"100. I’m sure there are heaps more things I can write about … maybe I will have to do another 100 things about me !!" -- Or... just rename this "200 things about me" and then put them here =P

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Nice list ! Would be the same when I would do one to 90 % !

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Instantiable ... thanks for visiting !!

Gattina ... I'd be interested in your list.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger heiresschild said...

hi meow, this was fun reading and learning about you. you're a very interesting person, but then i knew that already from your other posts.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sylvia ... thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed it.
Take care, Meow

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Girl About Town said...

I love blue/red too! & stationary!! BCRS!!! Elvis!! Little house on the prarie!!!!! (I soooo wanted to be Laura Ingalls!)! I hoard!! And use too many !!!!! lol! Gold AND silver!! And heaps heaps more. Wow, it’s a great list, and I’m surprised we have so much in common! Really enjoying reading this!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Girl About Town ... thought we seemed similar when i read your list !!
Take care, Meow

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

I just read your 100, and it's funny I would say to 80 % I could have written this for me ! Like make up, shoes, only child, cats, cooking, blogging etc. I also had post natal depression. Unfortunately in 1973 nobody knew about that. It really was terrible. I locked myself in our appartment, with the baby and didn't want to talk to anybody besides my husband. I even had put the telephone in a wardrobe, covered with a thick cushion !

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

i wonder if you would like the new Canadian series, "little MOSQUE on the Praries" ??

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

On Sunday i saw my first Downy Woodpecker (female) - it just sat there, pecking away at something on the ground, maybe i should do a Post about it?

similarities? here they are:
5, 12 - definite 12 - i LUV LUV LUV 'em!
13 yes, - quite so -;
15!,
18 except i love shoes i just don't like wearing them!
19 (like most people i think!)
24
26, 27
29 minus the hairspray!
30 ish - every 2 to 3 days
31[sorry, but "Dr. Quinn" give me the heeby jeebies - not sure why]
so 32 ish !!
33,34,35
41 - except i like dark Belgium choc.
44 (altho' Doc wants me to lose)
50,50,50, YES!
...to be continued. i have just scrolled down and see more similarities but my attention span just came to a halt!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Dragonflyfilly ... I am honoured that you are reading everything.
Take care, Meow

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger kimber said...

Great list! Man alive, I don't know if I could write 100 things about myself.... I just don't know me that well! :)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Margaret Cloud said...

That is some list, I do a lot of the same things, especially locking the door when I am alone, too many thieves, hope your holiday's were good ones.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meaow,
Great 100 list very sincere, I'd love to try it sometime it would be interesting to see just how odd I may be lol

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Helan said...

I had to comment because I can really relate to 67. I also suffered from postpartum depression and like you I did not want to take medication for it. I found a lot of great coping techniques on http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-ppd. It is a struggle but there is hope out there to overcome the depression.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really neat and interesting factoids, and I really loved the old Bonnie Doon photos on your photo blog....thanks for posting them all!

Good luck in the Lake Eildon Footy Comp for 2012!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thanks, everyone ... it was fun doing this post, it was so long ago, though, now !!
And thanks, Anonymous, I hope to do well in the Footy Tipping comp ... are you in it too ???

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meow.

Yes I am in the footy competition too. I am BRANKEETER (from Dry Creek Road) in the Lake Eildon Footy competition.

My partner CURRAWONG is also in the same competition, so we will both be competing hard with you for points :)

When I saw the "wolfgirlkitty" nickname showing on your Photos blog page, I remembered I had seen that same nic in the list of competitors in the footy league.

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home